Thank you 2016!
Before we say hello to 2017, I would like to make a list of things I'm proud of and my achievements from the year we are leaving (In this case 2016). I think we can spend so much time reaching to achieve great things, which don't get me wrong is certainly healthy, we forget to take the time to give ourselves a little pat on the back and reflect on the amazing things we've already achieved.
Most of us will be re-visiting a resolution we intended to start last year, I hear you healthy eating, exercise and organised receipts folder!... but what about those resolution and goals we followed to the end!
So here goes, my top 10. In 2016 I have...
- Overcome my shyness and booked more workshops into my schedule for 2017.
- Worked with many brand new clients.
- Worked with a high-street retailer.
- Finally published my sheep-bag design (originally from my graduate collection) with Erika Knight, find the free pattern here.
- Made a start at releasing more independent patterns.
- Had a design published in Vogue Knitting (ek!!!)
- Filmed learn to knit videos with Designer Yarns (Possibly the most frightening day of my life!)
- Finally saved enough money to buy myself a new laptop!
- Gave up cheese and bread :( - This went out of the window but will be back on track starting Monday morning.
- Survived another freelance year STILL with a full diary of exciting projects in 2017!!!
I feel very lucky to have concurred fears, completed challenges and fulfilled new projects in 2016, I can't wait for what's around the corner in 2017 and back in the studio on Tuesday. What have you achieved in 2016, I'd love to hear from you!? (Please comment below :) )